Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Worlds Unluckiest Name

Can you believe that a guy’s name is Phuc Dat Bich? Don’t laugh; just think about what all he must have been going through all these years. Indeed, it’s one of the unluckiest names of the planet and the greatest irony of his life is that no one believes that it’s his real name, thinking of it as merely a fake identity. Isn’t that too painful for the guy? Here we are talking about Phuc Dat Bich who is a Vietnamese-Australian and has expressed his rage for the reason that Facebook blocks him repeatedly.
23-yr Phuc Dat Bich’s name is pronounced Phoo Da Bic as per Evening Standard and he posted his passport’s pic on Fcebook after being blocked again and again by the social media site and even the proof he gave along with the message is shared quite a lot of times.
“I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it,” as written by him on Facebook.
As per him the reason for his frustration is the serious deficiency of understanding power in the people of West when it comes to names. He further adds,
“I’ve been accused of using a false and misleading name of which I find very offensive. Is it because I’m Asian? Is it?



Having my fb shut down multiple times and forced to change my name to my “real” name, so just to put it out there. My name.
Yours sincerely,
Phuc Dat Bich”
Take a look:




True, it’s not only Phuc Dat Bich whose account is blocked by Facebook due to his name and we have examples of few other people as well who complained of having been blocked just because of their names; for instance, a lady whose first name is Isis was thought to be a terrorist.
Share your views in this connection in the comments section below.

No comments: